Where Do I Start
YAVAPAI@WORK provides complimentary services to employers across Yavapai County who seek qualified new hires or training resources for existing employees. In an effort to improve job skill levels, these valuable resources are also offered to those seeking serious job opportunities and advancement. Developed by the Local Workforce Development Board, this system is designed to strengthen and fortify the Yavapai County labor force and its employers.
As a local One-Stop Center, NACOG is part of a statewide network providing Arizona businesses with qualified applicants. This partnership, in turn, reduces employee selection, retention, and training costs. Providing countywide assistance, the YAVAPAI@WORK’s West County One-Stop Center in Prescott and the East County One-Stop Center is in Cottonwood.
- Every Monday at 10 am at our Prescott Location (except holidays, then falls on Tuesday)
- Every Monday at 8:30 am at our Cottonwood Location
All employers can profit from the services YAVAPAI@WORK provides. With a wide variety of training, workshops, and other forms of specialized assistance, this system offers resources tailored to individual business needs.
Some of the services benefiting employers and employees include:
- Access to valuable workforce resources – coordinated, accessible and county – specific resources for businesses and employees
- Employee recruitment – assistance with employee screening and evaluation to optimize the hiring process
- Employer Layoff Assistance/Pre-Layoff – services to manage and plan for a smooth employee transition and re-employment assistance
- Skills Assessment – customized assessment tools for identifying skill levels and growth potential
- Job Fair Opportunities – effective techniques for drawing quality applicants and making a good first impression
- Customized Training and Skills Upgrading – training programs tailored to individual and company requirements
- Real time labor data analytics
- Solutions to Common Employee Barriers – resources and assistance designed to manage obstacles to employment
- Job Training and Hiring Tax Credits – valuable incentives for hiring targeted employee groups or providing specialized training/services
As businesses grow and identify employees requiring additional job skills, the YAVAPAI@WORK provides access to job specific training to meet company objectives.
YAVAPAI@WORK offers customized recruitment programs, skills assessments and other essential services to match qualified candidates to specific job requirements.
YAVAPAI@WORK also partners basic training in reading, writing and English as a Second Language. These empowering tools enable workers to deliver more valuable service to their employers and ensure that they are ready to succeed in today’s demanding business environment.
To improve staff motivation and productivity, YAVAPAI@WORK also provides instruction in effective time management, job strategies and proper goal setting. All these assets positively impact individuals and employers as a whole.
The YAVAPAI@WORK helps employers remove barriers to employment. Access to adequate childcare, transportation options and housing are all obstacles your employees may face. However, by accessing the resources available through the many workforce development providers, employees can reduce, and often eliminate these concerns.
Yavapai County Local Workforce Development Area
The mission of the Yavapai County Local Workforce Development Board is to build economic success through workforce development partnerships.
Northern Arizona Council of Governments (NACOG) through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- All Residents of Yavapai County ages 16 years & up: Adults, Dislocated Workers and Income Eligible Youth.
- The Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) is federally funded employment and training program that prepares dislocated workers, displaced homemakers, low-income adults and youth for successful entry into the competitive labor force by funding job and/or training placements.
- On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- Provides training for new employees in need of skill development
- Duration of assignment: 3-6 months
- Wage of OJT is the prevailing wage of the employer for the position
- NACOG provides up to 50% of the wage subsidy, employer pays 50%
- After training, employee is retained by the employer
- Provides new employees with basic work skill development. WEX is designed for those individuals who have little or no work history
- Duration of assignment: 3-6 months
- Compensation for WEX is minimum wage
- NACOG provides 100% of the wage subsidy & 100% worker’s compensation
- Provides temporary work assignments to youth between the ages of 16-24 years old
- Compensation is minimum wage and up, depending on position
- All employees must have direct supervision and all supervisors must adhere to the Child Labor Laws, as applicable.